Java > Scala

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Dec 5 05:00:02 PST 2011

On 2011-12-05 12:01, Mirko Pilger wrote:
>> I see. BTW, do you have an examples?
>
> entertainment software like media players.
>
> and interestingly enough tools for artists often come with non-native
> guis. e.g. 3d modeler applications (like autodesk maya, blender,
> luxology modo), pixologic zbrush, adobe after effects, the foundry nuke,
> ableton live.

I can understand that these applications need to use non-native widgets,
but there is not reason to use a complete non-native GUI. For example,
iTunes uses a non-native scroll bar, for no reason what so ever. Nothing
is better with this non-native scroll bar.

BTW, Blender has the most horrible GUI I have ever used.

--
/Jacob Carlborg