javascript (was Re: Java > Scala -> new thread: GUI for D)

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 07:53:02 PST 2011

Marco Leise Wrote:
> This is really one of the largest shortcomings of the language that can
> not be explained with a simple design choice.

Aye. One of the newer versions adds a forEach member to the
array prototype, that works like this:

[1, 2, 3].forEach(function(element) { use element here; });

but I don't like that style, personally. All those years of C
and friends have wired my brain to see it as being backward.

And, it doesn't work for everyone out of the box anyway.