rt_finalize WTFs?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 5 14:45:31 PST 2011

On 5 December 2011 22:34, Martin Nowak <dawg at dawgfoto.de> wrote:
> We currently add something from etext to _end (rt.memory) as static root.
> This probably contains read-only sections, data from other languages
> and (unlikely) other unrelated sections.
> I think some help from the compiler will be necessary to support
> shared libraries anyhow, so we should be able to get a precise range.

Indeed.  The current implementation kicking around is to scan
/proc/self/maps on init (this is true for the runtime that ships with
GDC at least).  Which is not the most pleasant of things to do - not
to mention only supports Unix-flavoured systems, but it works well
enough for when linking against shared D libraries.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';