SCons support for D

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Tue Dec 6 10:14:25 PST 2011

SCons is a Python-based build tool to replace Make and much of the
Autotools functionality.  It has D support as part of the core.  This
support is though in need of development.

The new Mercurial/BitBucket infrastructure for developing SCons
(replacing the old Subversion/Tigris set up) is now in place, a new
release 2.1.0 has been declared and everything is open for business
leading to a 2.2.0 release.

I got my changes to support DMD 2 into this release :-)

However, support for GDC, LDC, etc. is almost certainly still sadly
lacking, and indeed the support for DMD almost certainly needs a severe
refactoring and most likely a rewrite.

Rather than people having to work on a clone of SCons in order to work
on the tool, I have created a separate Mercurial repository
(https://bitbucket.org/russel/scons_dmd_new) as a development version of
just the tool.  When a new version of this separate tool is declared I
create a pull request for the SCons mainline to get the new version in
the next version of SCons.

Is anyone else other than me interested in using SCons as a build tool
with D code?  If there is, perhaps we can collaborate in some way to
progress SCons support for all the various realizations of D?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk