The current status of D?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Dec 7 01:02:36 PST 2011

On Wednesday, December 07, 2011 09:16:48 Don wrote:
> On 06.12.2011 09:37, bearophile wrote:
> > Don:
> >> Right. But it's hard to come up with high-priority language issues
> >> these days. The old ones have been fixed.<g>.<>
> > There are several things that I'd like to see fixed/improved in D still.
>
> Yes, of course. But most of the showstoppers are done.
> Not so long ago there were major features in the spec or in TDPL that
> weren't implemented at all - contracts, @safe, pure, inout, TDPL
> operator overloading, almost nothing worked in CTFE, Phobos didn't
> compile on 64 bits, ...

Where does the compiler stand with multiple alias thises (as TDPL describes).
AFAIK, it still doesn't support them at all. That would be a major feature
from TDPL which hasn't be implemented. But yes, a lot of work has been done,
and we're much closer to having everything fully implemented.

- Jonathan M Davis