Haxe (From: Java > Scala -> new thread: GUI for D)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Dec 7 07:32:26 PST 2011

"Adrian" <adrian.remove-nospam at veith-system.de> wrote in message
news:jbnmoo$2seg$1 at digitalmars.com...

> The downside would be, that there is the risk of incompatibilities of
> the compilers, leading to 2 different dialects, which would force the
> users of both, only to use the subset of the languages. I have this
> situation on the object pascal side with freepascal and Delphi, which
> are very the same but still different. If you code for both, you can't
> use new language features (and "new" means sometimes many years)

That's true, but FWIW, I do intend to place a very strong emphasis on
compatablity with the official Haxe. (It even accepts Haxe's command line
params to the extent possible, and I plan to support .hxml files.) As far as
any deliberate deviations (such as #105), such things will be purely
optional. Anything else is to be considered a bug in HaxeD.