SCons support for D

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Dec 7 07:49:39 PST 2011

Jacob Carlborg Wrote:

> On 2011-12-07 15:06, Russel Winder wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 14:38 +0100, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > [...]
> >> What I see as the advantage of a new build system is that it can be
> >> developed specifically for D which could make the tool very easy to use.
> >> Example:
> >>
> >> $ tool build main.d
> >
> > Go has gone to the extreme with this, they have a project structure
> > which is mandated.  This makes build completely convention driven so
> > there are no build specifications at all, their build tool can deduce
> > all the data needed to complete a build.
>
> There are still cases when special flags are needed and how is the
> library dependencies resolved?

There are still makefiles required.

You just need to include the standard definitions Makefile (application, package) and define a few standard variables that describe your project.

There are also some conventions regarding to which processor and operating system your Go files refer to.

More information here:

http://golang.org/doc/code.html