ow Integers Should Work

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Dec 7 11:27:38 PST 2011

On 12/7/2011 2:46 AM, bearophile wrote:
> Today some online games are managing real money of the players. You don't
> want to use raw integers to manage those important numbers :-)

Banks have been using computer programs to handle money forever, so has every
piece of accounting software. I.e. it's a well understood and solved issue.

It'd be very foolish for online game developers to try to reinvent this.

And frankly, we'd also be foolish to try and reinvent it without consulting with
someone who does financial software professionally.