SCons support for D

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Wed Dec 7 14:31:10 PST 2011

Gour wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 22:39:34 +0200
> Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > premake supports D? I was planning to add D support to premake
> > myself, but that's wonderful news. I'll add support for VisualD if it
> > is not already done.
>
> Didn't hear about premake before...how does it compare with e.g. Cmake?

The nice thing about premake is that it is build using Lua. So you have
a full language at your disposal. CMake's configuration language is not
that nice or at least it takes time to get used to it. premake only
concerns itself with configuring. Which I think is nice. But it has
nothing similar to CMake's find_package last time I checked.

> Anything like Cpack available for it?

As far as I know no.

Jens