SCons support for D

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Dec 8 00:02:39 PST 2011

On 2011-12-07 19:02, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 14:38 +0100, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> [...]
>> Example:
>>
>> $ tool build main.d
>>
>> That's all that should be needed to build an executable. You could have
>> the same in a build script:
>>
>> // buildfile
>> main.d
>>
>> $ tool build
>
> Currently with SCons, you type:
>
> $ scons
>
> and the default activity occurs.  With the SConstruct file:
>
> 	Program ( "main.d" )
>
> the result is the construction of the executable, ready for execution.

If I understand everything correctly Scons uses Python for its build
scripts and that means an external dependency on Python?

I think that's unnecessary and I would prefer that interpreter was
bundled with the tool i.e. linked with libpython (or similar). I think
that will make it easier for non Linux users.

That's how I've built my package manager. It has no external
dependencies when using a pre-compiled executable.

--
/Jacob Carlborg