A new web newsreader

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Thu Dec 8 05:01:16 PST 2011

On Thursday, 8 December 2011 at 12:16:21 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
> BTW, on Firefox 3.6.24, it says that pushState is not
> supported, nevertheless the horizontal-split works fine and I
> like it very much.

While basic functionality might work, it will still generate and
send the entire threaded view for every click. That's a lot of
wasted resources. I was going to remove the link entirely for
unsupported browsers, but now I'm not sure what to do about it.

> I would like to be able to resize the left window, though, as
> with deeply nested dicussions, I'm affraid we might run out of
> space (although I haven't seen it in the last 40 pages or so of
> discussions).

That's because the indentation is automatically adjusted based on
the deepest reply level. At the worst, you could see line breaks
in long names.