A new web newsreader

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Thu Dec 8 05:34:18 PST 2011

On Thursday, 8 December 2011 at 13:23:53 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> Would a simple "scroll to bottom on page load" in javascript be
> possible?  I know there are some nicks on this newsgroup who
> don't like JS, but their browser simply won't scroll.  So what.

JavaScript which alters page content on load is bad, because by
the time it executes you might have already started reading the
page. I think it's best to avoid such nuisances.

> I understand.  I'm just used to webnews which put the threads
> with the newest posts on top.

I think I'll just reverse the sorting of threads in the threaded
view. Threads are already sorted differently than posts anyway
(they're sorted by the time of the last reply, not by the
original post's time).

> Probably, this is a cool project.  If I ever come across having
> to use forum software, I'm going to use it.

The code would need a good refactoring to get the D hacks out.
It's a bit of a mess in that regard.

> Now, you just need the management pages to administer a real
> forum :)

Who says there isn't one?

https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/demo/sqlite/exec.d

;)