A new web newsreader

tn no at email.com
Thu Dec 8 07:27:26 PST 2011

On Thursday, 8 December 2011 at 13:13:38 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 December 2011 at 12:27:44 UTC, Steven
> Schveighoffer wrote:
>> you receive an A+ from me!
>>
>> BTW, is there any way to sort the threaded view so that the
>> newest messages appear on top?  Simply because, in a web page,
>> the top is what shows up first.
>
> Thanks :) The reason why I chose to sort by older posts first
> is a bit convoluted:
>
> Generally, in a threaded discussion, replies always have to
> appear below their parents. Even though it's possible to sort
> siblings in the reverse order, it would be rather inconsistent.
> The same goes with entire threads - the last post in a group
> will appear as the *bottom-most* child of its parent, inside
> the *topmost* thread.

In that case also paging should follow the same rule. That is,
last thread should be at the bottom of the _last_ page. (And of
course the last page should be viewed by default.) Now it is at
the bottom of the first page which is not exactly very intuitive.