DMD 2.056 cannot find -lrt

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Thu Dec 8 08:02:24 PST 2011

On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 07:18:48 -0500, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 03:25:23 -0500, Steve Teale
> <steve.teale at britseyeview.com> wrote:
>
>> I just got round to upgrading from 2.055. I read about this error some
>> time ago but now can't find a reference anywhere.
>>
>> What do I do to get round it.
>
> Install librt?
>
> Unfortunately, the solution settled on for 2.056 is to put -lrt in dmd's
> source code, so it cannot be removed.
>
> Curious, what Linux OS are you using?  I was under the impression that
> they all had librt installed by default.
>
> -Steve

OK, fixed that - I'd been under the erroneous impression that librt was a
D thing, and had purged that along with the numerous versions of
libphobos2.a that were lurking around on my system. I put librt.a and the
librt.so symlinks back, and hello.d now compiles and links.

However the CodeBlocks setup that I had for my current DB project is now
complaining that it can't find _tlsstart, _tlsend, _deh_beg, and _deh_end.

These appear to be C functions - do you happen to know if they are in
librt?

Steve