ow Integers Should Work

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Dec 8 09:04:33 PST 2011

On 12/8/11 4:47 AM, Don wrote:
> The Loitsch paper is very interesting, it presents a simple very fast
> method which works in 99.5% of cases. Then, you fall back to the simple
> slow method for the remaining 0.5%. The slow case is rare enough that
> it's not worth optimizing it.

I think a D implementation starting from Loitsch's paper would be
absolutely terrific for Phobos.

I've had these ideas of compile-time function tabulators for a long
time, which would made for a great article, but I'm blocked by the
inability to format floating-point numbers as strings during compilation.

Andrei