SCons support for D

Andrew Gough andrew at goughy.org
Thu Dec 8 12:13:04 PST 2011

On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 16:19:27 +0100
"Kagamin" <spam at here.lot> wrote:

> > No problem.  I disagree and think that a cross platform build
> > generator
> > that leverages native build tools is a better approach and
> > provides
> > more flexibility in the long run. Particularly for Windows VS
> > users or
> > people tied to an IDE - configuration that generates to various
> > IDE
> > build scripts keeps those devs happier IMO
>
> Well, native projects do make developers happier, but if the tool
> can't build on its own, there's no reason to use it, if make just
> works. premake will be a burden of an extra level to go through.

That's the whole point, though.  A build configuration allows you to
target a number of native build tools - not just make.

Premake4 supports:

 codeblocks        Generate Code::Blocks project files
 codelite          Generate CodeLite project files
 gmake             Generate GNU makefiles for POSIX, MinGW, and Cygwin
 vs2002            Generate Microsoft Visual Studio 2002 project files
 vs2003            Generate Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 project files
 vs2005            Generate Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 project files
 vs2008            Generate Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 project files
 vs2010            Generate Visual Studio 2010 project files
 xcode3            Generate Apple Xcode 3 project files (experimental)
 xcode4            Generate Apple Xcode 4 project files (experimental)

CMake supports:

	Borland Makefiles
	MSYS Makefiles
	MinGW Makefiles