DustMite: Unwrap? Imports?

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Thu Dec 8 13:43:36 PST 2011

On Thursday, 8 December 2011 at 21:39:20 UTC, dsimcha wrote:
> I've recently started using DustMite to reduce compiler errors
> in SciD, which instantiates an insane number of templates and
> is nightmarish to reduce by hand.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1.  What exactly does unwrap (as opposed to remove) do?

Unwrap is a reduction operation which tries replacing a node with
its children. It will remove redundant parens and braces, for
example.

> 2.  When there are multiple imports in a single statement, i.e.
> "import foo, bar;", does DustMite try to get rid of individual
> ones without deleting the whole statement?

Yes, but it can't remove the first (or the last, I forgot) item
in a comma-separated list. This is because the internal
representation has no notions of token-separated lists. It's a
long-standing complicated problem.

> Is this what unwrap does?

No.