A new web newsreader

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri Dec 9 08:41:51 PST 2011

> There's also dlang.org. So in order to introduce new domains or do
> domain operations I need to talk to:
>
> 1. Jan Knepper who manages d-programming-language.org
>
> 2. Brad Roberts who manages d-p-l.org
>
> 3. Oscar Brynolf who owns dlang.org (and whom I don't know)
>
> I can do this, but it's slow, suboptimal, and involves dependencies out
> of my control.

This strikes me as overly complicated. Why aren't the alias domains just
301-forwarding all HTTP requests, including subdomains (wildcard), to
the canonical one?

Also, the amount of time (resp. work) required for updating a domain
record/zone file should really be far smaller than the time it takes for
the changes to propagate to all the name servers out there. If not,
there is something wrong (or the TTL way too low).

David