A new web newsreader

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Dec 9 11:46:30 PST 2011

On 12/9/2011 5:58 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> There are also some security considerations with attachments. We need to either
> have a separate subdomain for attachments, or forbid viewing them in the browser
> (which would mean that viewing non-whitelisted attachments, including HTML
> parts, would need to force a download). Gmail uses googleusercontent.com for
> attachments, for example.

I recommend ignoring attachments, including HTML ones. The current D archives
ignores them, and it has never been an issue.

One reason is that with attachments people will tend to post their projects and
bug reports to the n.g. rather than github (or equivalent) and bugzilla where
they belong.

Another is to keep the posts readable by simple NNTP readers.