A new web newsreader

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Dec 9 11:54:26 PST 2011

On 12/9/2011 11:51 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Friday, 9 December 2011 at 19:48:46 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> I hadn't thought about that.
>>
>> I strongly suggest ignoring all sections of posting which are not plain text.
>
> What if someone with an NNTP client posts a question and attaches their D code?

They can put it inline as text, the way it is done now.

> If security is the sole problem with decoding attachments, it is easily
> mitigated with separate subdomains (or forced download). Whether it should be
> possible to post attachments is another question.

It's not the sole problem, I mentioned a couple other in another post.

I reiterate that I strongly recommend ignoring attachments and html content. I
think that trying to deal with them correctly and securely is a huge distraction
& time sink with little added value.