SCons support for D

Andrew Gough andrew at goughy.org
Fri Dec 9 16:25:18 PST 2011

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 13:28:45 +0100
Gour <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 20:29:20 +1100
> Andrew Gough <andrew at goughy.org> wrote:
>
> > If there is enough interest, I can fix up some loose ends and try
> > and get the ball rolling again...
>
> I got reply from premake developer and he told me that D support in
> only in 'experimental' branch. Will you try to push it upstream?
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

Yep - as I say its only preliminary.  At the moment it builds my
projects ok, but is probably not ready for production use, for
instance, arbitrary build flags are not passed through.

I'll clean it up, commit and open a patch for review and inclusion
upstream.  That'll take a few days, though.

FYI: here is the full premake definition for a (small) project of
mine...

solution "http4d"
	configurations { "debug" }

    configuration { "debug", "gmake" }
        buildoptions { "-gc" }  -- NB: this is not operational yet

	project "http4d"
		kind "StaticLib"
		language "D"
		files { "**.d" }
		excludes { "main.d" }

		configuration "debug64"
			defines { "debug" }
            		platforms "x64"
			flags { "Symbols", "ExtraWarnings" }

	project "test"
		kind "ConsoleApp"
		language "D"
		files { "main.d" }
		links { "libhttp4d.a" }

		configuration "debug64"
			defines "debug"
            		platforms "x64"
			flags { "Symbols", "ExtraWarnings", "Test" }

--
Andrew Gough
M: 0408 596 656
andrew at goughy.org