SDC & ddmd

Bernard Helyer b.helyer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 01:40:21 PST 2011

We intend to be compatible with DMD to a point. Where we are not,
will be through omission. Off the top of my head:

*delete will not be implemented.
*scope classes will not be implemented.
*complex numbers will not be implemented.
*version/debug levels will not be implemented, as their semantics
are poorly documented, and I've never seen them used in any code
anywhere.
*C style function pointers will not be supported.
*The D calling convention will not be matched, at least not in 1.0
(extern (D) is currently fastcall)
*D's forward reference and module order bugs will not be
supported.

And others I've probably forgotten. In terms of release date, I
can't really say, sorry. Currently working on the D interpreter
for CTFE and constant expressions, if you're interested. :D

-Bernard.