d-programming-language.com

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 15:41:24 PST 2011

On 10 December 2011 20:08, Trass3r <un at known.com> wrote:

> Am 10.12.2011, 18:21 Uhr, schrieb Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com>:
>

>  Okay, so is this the official documentation for the language?
>> Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
>>

> You mean .org
> Yes this is the official documentation and yes it is lacking in some areas.
> You may also get Andrei's book "The D programming language", that's a
> pretty comprehensive overview.

As I invest myself further into the language I'll definitely get+read the
book (not so much free time sadly). But I'd like to think a language that
claims to be a simplification of C++ should be at least familiar, and where
it differs, extremely intuitive.
For the time being I'm just trying to write some small programs and gauge
my experience, which are fairly mixed at this point, but I remain
optimistic. Mostly documentation failure so far (even if the documentation
were thorough, I really hate the layout/presentation, though that hasn't
scared me off), and a couple of very unintuitive constructs which I may or
may not get used to :)