dfeed

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sat Dec 10 16:13:43 PST 2011

On Saturday, 10 December 2011 at 22:44:03 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> One idea for Vladimir's dfeed: it would be great to
> automatically post the tweets of D_language to
> digitalmars.D.announce.

Hmm, is this the best solution? It would mean either redundant
posts, or posts that are atypically short for newsgroups. Two
thoughts:

1) If we're going to do the front-page syndication widget, only
one need appear on the front page.

2) We could automate or facilitate posting headlines with links
of announce posts to Twitter, for example using a "Share on
Twitter" button (hidden to users by default, or visible only on
top-level .announce posts, etc.).