d-programming-language.com

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Dec 10 17:59:12 PST 2011

On Saturday, December 10, 2011 17:52:18 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/10/2011 4:46 PM, Peter Alexander wrote:
> > I think either would be fine, but having to use the command line for
> > anything on Windows is a no-no these days in terms of usability.
>
> Since dmd is a command line tool anyway, why is it a usability problem to
> use dman?

True, but I think that most Windows users expect to be using a compiler inside
of an IDE, at which point, they aren't using the command line anyway. Many of
them probably think that having to use dmd from the command line is a
usability problem. I expect that they can avoid it with stuff iike VisualD
though.

- Jonathan M Davis