d-programming-language.com

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 20:14:20 PST 2011

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
> Anything automated rox.

cool. I updated the program today to handle the new site. Take a
look at the output:

http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/std_stdio.html

Biggest improvement imo is anchors work better:
http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/std_stdio.html#File.writeln

is distinct from #writeln.

You might remember this from last winter when you introduced
the cheatsheet idea.

I figured I could automate the process by examining the html, and
this is the result. (Improved a little tonight from how it was last time.)

What it does is determine the fully qualified names from the html structure,
then pulls out the first paragraph for each name.

Using that, it fixes the link and generates the table, categorizing the
found names as struct, class, function, enum, or unknown, with some
support for subcategorizing if we add tags to the ddoc (I can write a macro
to help that along)

Anyway, with that in hand, it modifies the html to add these tables on
top of each section.

First, there's the module scope names, sorted alphabetically.

Then, if you click struct File, you'll see that under it's description, right
before it's members, there's a sub-table of member quick references.

They are not categorized by class/struct since I think that's overkill in
there. But, they are sorted by name and link right to the inside.

If a file has more nesting, it should just work like this all the way through
recursively.

This little program runs on the command line and modifies a given html
file, just writing out another static file you can upload to the server.

Anyway it's pretty much complete here. Let me know what you think.