d-programming-language.com

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Dec 10 22:52:27 PST 2011

On 12/10/11 10:14 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
>> Anything automated rox.
>
> cool. I updated the program today to handle the new site. Take a
> look at the output:
>
> http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/std_stdio.html
[snip]

Yah, there's definite improvement. Adding categorization by hand will
certainly help, and I think the program should not specify
"Uncategorized" when there's no other category. There should also be no
line after the category - color and boldface should be distinguishing
enough.

We could later on experiment with some collapsible stuff.

Overall I see no shame in generating structured output with ddoc and
then postprocessing it. Ddoc is supposed to generate structured
documentation from code, not advanced cross-reference stuff and the
such. Of course local improvements do make sense (e.g. distinguish
member names from top-level names etc).

I would try to compel you to put the proposed changes in the form of a
pull request, but first I think you may want to work with Walter on
finalizing the "try now" code. We should stay with one thing until it's
done.

Thanks,

Andrei