Fixing const arrays

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sun Dec 11 04:46:52 PST 2011

On 2011-12-11 07:16:28 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 12/10/11 5:20 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:
>> Also seems strange to me that class references aren't included in that
>> list, but then I though about how tail-const still doesn't work with
>> objects. You'd need my const(Object)ref patch to make that work, and
>> Walter hasn't taken time to look at it yet…
>
> Have you continued to use your fork in daily work? If so, how does it pan out?

Sadly, I'm not using D in my daily work these days. It's mostly C++ and
Objective-C.

I'd like to replace those two with D using my DMD/Objective-C fork, but
it's still incomplete (lacks memory management), and DMD having no
64-bit support on OSX was a showstopper -- in fact, it still is for
DMD/Objective-C which still lacks support for Apple's modern
Objective-C runtime used on the 64-bit side. And my inability to make D
for Xcode work with Xcode 4 is hampering the effort too.

When I start a new project I'll definitely try using D for it, but
right now my D escapade is on hold. :-(

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com