If I had my way

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 07:10:47 PST 2011

> I confess that I don't see the point in delaying the current
> release for this. It's nearly ready. It seems to me that it

Compiler and runtime-library projects should never release
"nearly ready" versions. Some higher level library projects may
have that luxury, but compiler/run-time library, never! It should
be released when it IS ready. Not earlier.

Problem with D and Phobos is that there is no clear roadmap (or
at least I am not aware of its existence). So please tell me how
you guys know if dmd+phobos is ready to be released or not when
there was no plan on what this release is all about (apart from
the list of issues on bugzilla)???