.dmg installer for OSX?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Dec 12 04:51:57 PST 2011

On 2011-12-11 22:29, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> There's something missing from the download page (to which I just added
> some nice logos):
>
> http://www.d-programming-language.org/download.html
>
> That would be an OSX .dmg. Is a member of the community interested in
> taking up such a project?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

I created an installer for Mac OS X over two years ago, when we were
still using dsource.org. As far as I know it's never been used, I don't
know why. This is the things I get really disappointed on. Walter
specifically asked for an installer, I created one, it got uploaded to
dsoruce, then nothing.

Anyway, it's available at github:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/installer/tree/master/osx

A much better way to install D, in my opinion, is DVM:

https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm

A platform independent installer which also you to easily install and
switch between multiple versions of DMD.

--
/Jacob Carlborg