Fixing const arrays

torhu no at spam.invalid
Mon Dec 12 07:09:24 PST 2011

On 12.12.2011 15:43, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 12/12/11 6:24 AM, torhu wrote:
>>  save being a property is a stupid inconsistency.
>
> I'm not so sure.
>
> Andrei

Why?  As far as I can tell, it's inconsistent with what properties are
used like in other programming languages.  Saving something is an
action, which to me is a different concept.  If it was called
currentState instead, that's what I'd call a property.

Making something a property gives it certain connotations that break
when it's called 'save'.  That you can save the state of the range is a
property, if you will.  But the action of doing so is not a property.
People are going to be surprised when save() doesn't compile.  Isn't
there something called the principle of least surprise?