Fixing const arrays

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 07:32:04 PST 2011

On Monday, 12 December 2011 at 15:21:31 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 12/12/11 9:07 AM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
>> The old situation where you could
>> write complete nonsense code like `std.file.read = "foo.txt";`
>> is far
>> worse.
>
> We could have defined a system much better than both.
>
> Andrei

I definitely agree. I think the current situation sucks.

But I also think the previous situation sucks much, much more.

(Unrelated side-note: I am using the web interface and I'm not
well seasoned with using newsgroups, is there a better way to
reply to multiple small posts than replying to each individually
like I just did? I apologize if I'm being spammy.)