Fixing const arrays

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:28:57 PST 2011

> On 12/12/11 9:09 AM, torhu wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not so sure.
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> Why? As far as I can tell, it's inconsistent with what properties are
>> used like in other programming languages.
>
> Why?

My understanding is the properties are essentially meant to be
indistinguishable from fields (hence the syntax). save() doesn't really
act like a field.

Honestly though, I don't like properties at all (in any language).
Function calls should not be hidden in syntax. IMO if your code contains
so many get/set functions that properties save you time then you have
bigger issues.