Second Round CURL Wrapper Review

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 17:31:54 PST 2011

On Tuesday, 13 December 2011 at 00:47:26 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> I don't know if you already have a solution in the works, but
> maybe the future interface I did for Thrift is similar to what
> you are looking for:
> http://klickverbot.at/code/gsoc/thrift/docs/thrift.util.future.html
>
> David

Doesn't std.parallelism's task parallelism API work for this?
(Roughly speaking a task in std.parallelism == a future in your
Thrift API.)  If not, what can I do to fix it so that it can?

Looking briefly at your API, one thing I notice is the ability to
cancel a future.  This would be trivial to implement in
std.parallelism for tasks that haven't yet started executing, but
difficult if not impossible for tasks that are already executing.
  Does your Thrift API allow cancelling futures that are already
executing?  If so, how is that accomplished?

The TFutureAggregatorRange could be handled by a parallel foreach
loop if I understand correctly, though it would look a little
different.