If I had my way

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Dec 13 08:57:33 PST 2011

On Tuesday, December 13, 2011 06:40:40 Michel Fortin wrote:
> On 2011-12-13 04:25:33 +0000, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> said:
> > For arrays, all you need to do is have the first argument be an array,
> > and that works great for arrays, but arrays don't have much in the way
> > of functions built in, so there's no conflict.
>
> Actually, there's still an open issue with array-member syntax and
> @property used together.

How so? If it's a property function, not a member function (which couldn't use
array-member syntaxt anyway), and it takes an array as its first argument, then
it _must_ be called with array-member syntax without parens. If it isn't a
property, then you could call it with or without array-member syntax, but you
have to use parens. I don't see any conflict there.

Now, I don't know what -property is doing with it at the moment, but I don't
see how it could work any other way.

- Jonathan M Davis