D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Tue Dec 13 11:24:57 PST 2011

On Tuesday, 13 December 2011 at 17:47:30 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> If I recall correctly Walter has said he will continue to
> support D1 as long as there are users.

Will you really be still using D1 one year from now? Even then,
why would you need official ongoing support from DigitalMars so
much?

For some perspective: the move to GitHub was less than one year
ago. I was actually surprised of this when I revisited D's
history recently, since it felt like a lot longer. The relative
amount of progress done in this year alone is staggering.

> Apparently not, when Andrei really wants something he just
> decides
without consulting the community.

Sorry, but demanding that others spend their time to serve a
minority when that time could be better spent to serve a majority
seems rather selfish to me.