D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Dec 13 18:18:21 PST 2011

On Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:53:07 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/13/2011 11:32 AM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> > Doesn't this just mean happy users? Which actually is still in support
> > of the choice.
>
> My experience is that no feedback == no users.

Happy users generally aren't going to say much. Unhappy users are much more
likely to say stuff. It's quite possible to have fairly low feedback (or in the
extreme, no feedback) if a product is solid enough, but in general, the more
users that you have, the more likely it is that some of them will be unhappy,
which will ultimately result in feedback. So I'd say that no feedback doesn't
necessarily mean no users, but it does tend to be indicative of a low number
of users.

- Jonathan M Davis