Some standard protocols in Phobos

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Dec 14 01:00:34 PST 2011

Jesse Phillips:

> The others, I'm not sure what it is solving that isn't addressed
> by actually having it in Phobos (Why not have matrices and not just their
> protocol?).

The focus of my post was mostly on the protocol for images.

The problem with having actual code in Phobos is that a good matrix library, or a good image library, is a lot of well written code. And it can't be good enough for everyone, so other people will want to invent other image or matrix libraries. The point of having a protocol in Phobos is to avoid giving too much work to Phobos devs, and at the same time have a standard API to use a matrix or image.

Bye,
bearophile