D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Dec 14 01:50:11 PST 2011

On 12/14/2011 12:30 AM, Don wrote:
> So, didn't sound then as though D1 was a big issue. Yet a month later you
> announce you've made a private decision about axing D1.
> Feels exactly like a military coup.

Well, it wasn't one. The thing is, as I posted in this thread recently, there's
little to no evidence of D1 interest - nobody responded to the beta, no posts
about D1, no new bug reports about D1, no response to the new D1 releases (yes,
Jacob just did a reply to it), etc.

I feel like I was supporting D1 in a vacuum. I've been thinking about ending
support for it for some time because of that.

I don't know where the D1 community is, or even if it exists anymore.