If I had my way

Martin Nowak dawg at dawgfoto.de
Wed Dec 14 02:39:03 PST 2011

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 05:54:19 +0100, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 12/13/2011 4:12 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> On x86-64 the PIC code is working fine, but there were some relocation
>> issues left.
>> https://github.com/dawgfoto/dmd/commits/SharedElf
>
> I see some good stuff there. When will you be ready for a pull request?

I don't think that this belongs in the current release if that's what you
meant.

So far I haven't found any regressions with these changes.
One part I'm not positive about is setting the size of public data symbols
to the DT size.
I also just found another issue with runtime relocations and EH so there
will
be a little more in this direction but if you don't see any issues with the
data symbols we might as well merge it sooner than later.

martin