D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Dec 14 03:06:52 PST 2011

On 2011-12-14 11:49, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 2:36 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> Yeah and what happened to that. I got a few comments about the tests
>> failing,
>> but they ended up being a misunderstanding.
>
> I need to take care of that.

Thanks.

>> The same thing happened recently with my attempt of fixing dynamic
>> libraries. It
>> always feel like I'm ending with a question I never get an answer to.
>
> I don't know the answers for doing dynamic libraries, which is why they
> aren't done.

I'm not suggesting that you would know everything but at least that we
could agree what we want to do about TLS and dynamic libraries on Mac OS X.

1. Should we stick with the TLS implementation we have and wait for 10.8
	1.A. Does this mean 10.6 will not be supported in the future
	1.B. Will we be able to solve the TLS issues with dynamic libraries
with the current implementation

2. Should we try to emulate the 10.7 implementation our self to support
10.6 as well and at the same time be forward compatible

I would hope that these are question we could try to figure out and
agree upon.

>> I added patches to a few bugzilla issues as well. But they are long
>> outdated by
>> now (the patches that is).
>
> I'd appreciate if they were submitted as pull requests.

Yes, they were added a long time ago, before the move to github.

--
/Jacob Carlborg