DMD 1.072 and DMD 2.057 64bit on Mac OS X

Kai Meyer kai at unixlords.com
Wed Dec 14 10:42:37 PST 2011

On 12/14/2011 09:51 AM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> On 14-12-2011 14:11, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 14 December 2011 at 11:07:22 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen
>> wrote:
>>> No point maintaining something that won't be used. I would also
>>> imagine that it can't be long before Windows stops supporting 32-bit.
>>
>> Windows still supports 16-bit apps (even 64-bit versions do, for some
>> rare exceptions)!
>
> Hehe, fun fact. Though I doubt Microsoft actually cares enough to
> maintain that support these days...
>
> - Alex
I work for a company who has large enough contracts in Brazil who still
run Windows NT to justify the continued use of Visual Studio 2005 to
build software for NT and XP (though most of our Windows developers
develop in VS2010 and then make sure it still works in VS2005). Apple
has the opportunity to depreciate entire architectures because they
aren't as ubiquitous as Microsoft products. They don't have billion
dollar contracts that request they spend an extra 200 million a year to
support their old stuff. At least that's the only justification I can
think of to stay on older software.