D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Dec 14 11:10:44 PST 2011

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:jc9lgq$2tip$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 12/14/11 1:59 AM, Damian Ziemba wrote:
>> On Saturday, 10 December 2011 at 21:19:02 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>

>> With all respect to you Andrei, you had no input in D1, I thought that
>> if D1 support will be ever dropped, Walter will announce it. Well...
>>
>> In my humble opinion D1 community is still active.
>
> Is there an online hang out place for the community - a forum?

There's the official Tango forums:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/forums

But there's very little activity there. In the last 6 months (May 14, 2011 -
Dec 14, 2011), there have been 22 posts (across 8 threads, and 7 unique
users), broken down like this:

- Jacob Carlborg: 10 posts
- Me: 3 posts (All directly related to my contibutions to Jacob's
D1/Tango-based DVM - which I'll reiterate is a fantastic tool, btw)
- Kris (one of the main Tango devs): 3 posts
- Lars (one of the main Tango devs): 1 post
- Other: 5 posts (3 unique users, none of whom I recognized)