D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Dec 14 11:34:26 PST 2011

"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote in message
news:jc9u6j$ebc$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 2011-12-14 10:56, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 12/14/2011 12:45 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>> The few times I've contributed to the compiler I've sent a patch or a
>>> pull
>>> request and the end result is that nothing happens. If I'm lucky I get
>>> a few
>>> comments, I answer them and then nothing.
>>
>> There's currently one open dmd pull request from you. Any others you've
>> done have been incorporated.
>
> Yeah and what happened to that. I got a few comments about the tests
> failing, but they ended up being a misunderstanding.
>
> The same thing happened recently with my attempt of fixing dynamic
> libraries. It always feel like I'm ending with a question I never get an
> answer to.

I don't mean this as an attack on Tango or any of the Tango people, but
FWIW, that's how I usually feel about Tango's support. It seems like most of
my Tango questions on the msg board go unanswered or maybe just partially
answered, whereas on Phobos2 I always get quick help from the NG.