dfeed

zhaopuming zhaopuming at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 18:13:42 PST 2011

> By no means Twitter fan here, but I disagree. For Walter and myself
> Twitter is an app - a convenient means to disseminate brief
> announcements to those interested.

Something to note, twitter is blocked by the government in China , and
dlang.org home page can not be fully loaded now due to this twitface
app. So IMHO it's not necessarily convenient at least to Chinese
D'evelopers (well, it's D Developers). It's the Chinese government to
blame, but I surely hope this problem can be dealt with. After all, we
were able to load dlang.org home page before twitter is integrated!

My suggestion is to put the twitter app's javascript to the end of the
HTML so that the browser will render the main contents of the home page
first and let people see them. That will solve Nick's slow loading
problem too.