D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 19:19:47 PST 2011

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 01:32:35 +0100, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:

> My current code base is 40Kloc's where about 8Kloc of those are library
> bindings, on top of that it also includes a couple of C projects sources
> (expat, lua and some other misc libraries). So I would have to convert
> all that code to D2 and also fix any issues that might arise from that
> conversion.

Hello Jakob,

While I can't give any specific answers to your questions I will say that
I"ve actually gone to the effort of porting some libraries, I where I
wasn't familiar with the codebase (yes I've gotten things wrong), DFL and
most recently Juno.

Such efforts were not a great effort. cloc reports about 36k loc for
Juno. One thing I did when I made these changes was that I committed
similar changes in one commit (some missed though). I considered writing
a lessons learned from this, but its extra time. You can check out the
commits from Nov 6 to get an idea of what goes into a conversion.

https://github.com/he-the-great/Juno-Windows-Class-Library/commits/master?
page=2