dfeed

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:53:55 PST 2011

On Thursday, 15 December 2011 at 06:39:31 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 9:09 PM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
>> By the way, another problem with the twitter feed: it looks
>> like utter crap on
>> netbooks.
>>
>> http://filesmelt.com/dl/anotherproblem.png
>
> I tried it on my ipod, and it works fine. I also tried it on my
> kindle eink, and it works fine there, too!

It does scale correctly, but the actual page content, the text in
the center, is what gets compromised. I wish I could press a
button to hide the feed to the right, leaving more space for the
text, making it much more comfortable to read.

It's not actually a problem for me as the main page is aimed at
beginners to D, while I make use of the other pages on the site.
But imagine someone on a netbook hearing about D and accessing
the site to read about it - I would most certainly want to easily
be able to hide the sidebar if that person was me.