.dmg installer for OSX?

Ruslan Mullakhmetov tiabaldu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 03:33:15 PST 2011

On 2011-12-11 22:10:37 +0000, Peter Alexander said:

>> There's something missing from the download page (to which I just added
>> some nice logos):
>>
>> http://www.d-programming-language.org/download.html
>>
>> That would be an OSX .dmg. Is a member of the community interested in
>> taking up such a project?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrei
>
> A .dmg isn't an installer. It's just an archive containing files.
> Usually it contains an application package that the window background
> instructs you to drag into the Applications folder... but that isn't
> applicable to DMD.
>
> Perhaps a .pkg would be more appropriate?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.dmg
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.pkg

Probably, Mac App Store instalation would be the best?

I don't know, do Apple policies allow to install a command line
utilities via Macc App Store, but at least apple itself install OS X
Lion and XCode via MAS. So, there is technical posibility to install
arbitary toolset, not only pure GUI.app located in /Application.

What do you say?
--
BR, Ruslan Mullakhmetov