DMD 1.072 and DMD 2.057 64bit on Mac OS X

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Thu Dec 15 04:40:57 PST 2011

On 2011-12-14 18:28:07 +0000, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> said:

> On 12/14/2011 3:09 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2011-12-14 11:54, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> It makes me wonder if we need to support 32 bit generation on OSX at all.
>> Yeah, I wonder that too. But does it hurt/cause problems to do? I mean, it's
>> already supported.
>
> There's the ongoing effort to support dynlibs.

It's one thing to ask developers to use 64-bit machines for
development, it's another to say to developers they can't target 32-bit
users if they choose to use DMD. Even Apple ships everything with dual
architecture binaries these days, and some of Apple's apps also keep
PowerPC support, iTunes for instance.

And also iOS is 32-bit.

--
Michel Fortin