D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Mattbeui matheus_nab at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:44:14 PST 2011

I am C programmer, but I had already did a little OO programming
in Python and Delphi. So after look for a growth in my studies
and enter definetly in OO programming, I found a  video on
youtube from Andrei Alexandrescu. And I got hooked since then.

But that was just the beginning, until I discover that there are
D1 and D2, tango and phobos Et cetera. Many options to get lost.

I've had a great help from the d-guys at #d channel on IRC. But
anyway... I think choosing one language is the right choice for
everyone, mainly for the new users. And you need simplify the
entry of the new users.

In some cases you need sacrifice something. For example, I love
work on Visual Studio 7.0 (The old one without framework or
.net), but they (irc guys) told me that I need move on to the
free version of VS 2010 to use VisualD. Yes for me as new member
this is a small sacrifice, but for you, the D1 guys, you should
think for the benefits of D2 for all community, and not for what
you will lost but what you will get from now on.

PS: Sorry my bad english.

Matt.